Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are conditions that can affect your muscles, bones, and joints. MSDs include:
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- bone fractures
MSDs are common. And your risk of developing them increases with age. The severity of MSDs can vary. In some cases, they cause pain and discomfort that interferes with everyday activities. Early diagnosis and treatment may help ease symptoms and improve long-term outlook.
The risk of developing MSDs is affected by:
- activity level
- family history
Certain activities can cause wear and tear on the musculoskeletal system, leading to MSDs. These include:
- sitting in the same position at a computer every day
- engaging in repetitive motions
- lifting heavy weights
- maintaining poor posture at work 
Publications and factsheets
Musculoskeletal Diseases 
Musculoskeletal conditions (WHO) 
Pain Management: Musculoskeletal Pain 
- www.healthline.com | musculoskeletal disorders
- rarediseases.info.nih.gov | musculoskeletal diseases
- www.who.int | musculoskeletal conditions
- www.webmd.com | musculoskeletal pain
- icd.who.int | 10/2016
SUPREME PHARMATECH is one of the leading research and production companies, working in the field of integrative medicine.
Integrative medicine is practicing medicine in a way that selectively incorporates elements of complementary and alternative medicine into comprehensive treatment plans alongside conventional methods of diagnosis and treatment.